Friday, February 22, 2008

THE 15 LAWS OF DELHI

A lot of outsiders look at Delhi and feel there are no rules in this city and people do, as they want. This is not true. We have a strict code of conduct.Here are the 15 rules or laws that Delhi lives by-

  1. The Other Side Law: If my side of the road has a traffic jam, then I can start driving on the wrong side of the road, and all incoming cars will be rerouted via Meerut.
  2. The Queue Nahin Rule: If there is a queue of many people, no one will notice me sneaking into the front as long as I am looking the other way.
  3. The Mind Over Matter Law: If a red light is not working, four cars from different directions can easily pass through one another.
  4. The Auto Axiom: If I indicate which way I am going to turn my auto rickshaw, it is an information security leak.
  5. The In Spit Of Thing: The more I lean out of my car or bus, and the harder I spit, the stronger the roads become.
  6. The Cinema Hall Fact: If I get a call on my mobile phone, the film automatically goes into pause mode.
  7. The Brotherhood Law: If I want to win an argument, I need only to repeatedly suggest that the other person has illicit relations with his sister.
  8. The Baraat Right: When I'm on the road to marriage, all the roads in the city belong to me.
  9. The Heart Of Things: If I open enough buttons on my shirt, the pretty girl at the bus stop can see through my hairy chest into the depths of my soul.
  10. The Name Game: It is very important for the driver behind me to memorise the nicknames of my children's.
  11. Parking Up The Wrong Tree: When I double-park my car, the road automatically widens so that the traffic is not affected.
  12. The Chill Bill Move: When I park and block someone else's car I am giving him a chance to pause, relax, chill and take a few moments off from his rushed day.
  13. The Brrrrp Break: The louder I burp in a public place; the more it helps other people digest their food.
  14. The Bus Karo Law: If I stop my bus at the correct place near the bus stop, the city will explode into million pieces.
  15. The VIP Rule: I M VIP.

No comments: